AT&T Announces $39 Billlion Purchase of T-Mobile

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swindez95

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
When my family first got cell phones we started with T-Mobile. We hardly ever got service where I live or around where I live but when it worked it was good so we changed. Went with AT&T (still Cingular at the time) and got bad service, and numerous dropped calls when we had service, same issue with my friends who have or had AT&T. We got verizon and only had partial signal at my house for the first two years but never had a dropped call and even with hardly any signal we never hit any dead spots. Had Verizon for almost 7 years now and not a single problem, the put up a new tower in my little town so we got full signal and got all cell phones and dropped our AT&T landline and cut out the wiring back to the pole cuz we weren't going to be giving anymore of our money to them anymore.

If someone really must be able to talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time on their phone then they really need to re-evaluate their life and ask themselves why in the hell they must be THAT connected to the world at all times. Im 25 and almost never talk on the phone OR use the internet except to do my daily website routines like tom's and the news.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]YAAAYYYY everyone welcome to a world of duopoly and neverending high prices!!!! I really hope sooner or later gov will break all these huge companies apart into smaller more managable and customer oriented ones like they did with the baby bells back in the day. It looks like it took ATT deathstart around 30 years to melt itself together like that evil terminator once again.[/citation]
Oh yeah and that worked out great. I mean just look at all the baby bells today - oh that's right. Please, if they break them up it'll do NOTHING at best, and at worst will mean regional coverage and even more insane roaming schemes.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
AT&T only wants the 1700 MHz spectrum t mobile uses for HSPA+ for the new LTE network:) too bad t mobile users get screwed when AT&T shuts down t mobile’s HSPA+ network to free up the 1700 MHz spectrum. I don’t think t mobile's current handsets and data cards can be changed to work on AT&T’s network either. I hope AT&T offers good cheap upgrades to those t mobile customers..

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Man, AT&T is gonna be rolling in the dough in the next few years. Capped internet with overage fees may only effect 2% now, but in 5 years its going to effect 60% as more stuff is online, taking up more bandwidth and using all of this speed that we are being given. I mean seriously, streaming HD content is looking to be the future, and potentially 3dHD after that... you will burn straight to the cap in no time and AT&T will be laughing it up.

Sucks having nearly no choices on something that has nearly become a commodity that is as necessary as electricity. I mean how can you really vote with your wallets when given no alternative?

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Nothing beats an ATT and Verizon duopoly!!!!!![/citation]
The irony here being Verizon is a branch split from the old mama Bell. Have we just about come full circle yet?

G

They should change the company name to AT&T&T, amirite?
anyone? sigh... nvm

Status
Not open for further replies.