AT&T Announces Motorola Atrix 4G Superphone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
"The first combines the phone with the and the laptop dock for a promotional price of $499.99 after a two-year service contract and $100 mail-in-rebate after subscription to Data Pro smartphone data plan and tethering add on."

This is absolutely pathetic. Do you proofread anything at all? Did you even read over this "article" once before you submitted it? I sure hope you do not consider yourself to be a journalist because no journalist who has any self respect would write something so shoddy. I'm embarrassed for you.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
"AT&T is now faster with 4G"....that's the commercial they have running here. But...here's my question. What's so great about 4G on a Cellphone....when the "phone" portion of the device is essentially useless due to lack of a functional cellphone network? In my area, AT&T is a downgrade from cups and string for signal strength and call quality.

G

AT&T has hspa+ right now, and will be LTE by summer. They have fiberoptics in their cell sites, so when LTE (4G) is turned on, the HSPA++ will be the fall back. NO carrier is 4G right now, despite the advertising. When the LTE by ATT is turned on, it will be 100% 4G, with HSPA++ backbone, and then 3G.

Status
Not open for further replies.