AT&T Apparently Vows to Continue With T-Mobile Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Or AT&T could work out an agreement to share spectrum with its competitors, but that makes too much sense.

It's much better for the company economically if it can try to force itself into what is considered a natural monopoly than share spectrum. Also once the shared spectrum gate is opened, they will be forced to allow smaller telecom's to be able to share in that spectrum also, which would again hurt the company economically as they would lose even more monopolistic power.

If you think it cost's any where near $100 a month for your cell service, then you must be one of those things my father said was born every minute, I think it was a called a sucker.

Vearo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Apparently they are taking Cave Johnson's philosophy of when life gives you lemons:

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Public vows to switch to Sprint and Verizon.

First! I'm going to switch to local cable.

Maybe this is unrelated but I lived in Mexico for a couple of years, cool thing is I could get unlimited phone (local calls) and 10 mbps internet for 38 dlls (tax included). Take that from a third world country. Oh yeah and there was no RIAA or MAFIAA shit lol.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
The Justice department has already pretty much stated they won't allow it to go through. What are they hoping to gain from this?

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If they dont complete the deal it cost them 4 billion dollars.
If they do complete the deal they get broken up into smaller companies ,of their choosing.
But they get to keep all of the towers and T-Mobiles section of the spectrum.
After a couple of years they allow the smaller companies to start going broke and buy them back.

Ma Bell Episode:2

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Why re-invent the wheel, just role out the same rims and tires they did a while back and roll on as long as possible. It does nothing negative to them, just look at the past and now they are just trying to abuse the naive.

bb33

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Just a thought on att's motives. Possible that att feels that if they do not grap tmo now they will pull out of the us market and sell their assets to the highest bidder and att knows that they will be out bid by verizon. And with all the spectrum that verizon is grabbing no one will be able to compete with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.