AT&T is Really Pushing the $49 iPhone 3GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]The words, "Fire Sale", "Clearance", and "everybody sell their stock now!" come to mind...[/citation]

The only words that come to my mind are "Apple" and "Fire"

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I just ordered a Windows Mobile 7 Phone from T-Mobile. It was free. My iPhone 4 has been slow for the last couple of weeks and the calls are dropping even more. So time to give Microsoft a chance because Google blew it for me six months ago.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Oh well,what do you expect out of AT & T...Market forces dictate that the company has to be successfull enough to survive these bleak economic conditions,so they have to try anything & to get in as fast as possible to make as much profits as they can...

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
They still don't get it. It's not the price of a phone, it's the cost of service that is stopping people from adopting. The general public is not willing to pay $80 to $100 a month for a phone.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]They still don't get it. It's not the price of a phone, it's the cost of service that is stopping people from adopting. The general public is not willing to pay $80 to $100 a month for a phone.[/citation]

Of course they are.......people are paying it right now. the fact of the matter is even if they gave me the phone, it's still on ATT's network and I am still stuck with a 2 year old phone for 2 years. So I think that is more the issue. Hell!, then if you want to upgrade to iPhone 5, you have to pay full price, no subsidy and that would totally suck.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
yea smochina... in america we get raped on phone prices and service... only way around it is to buy a phone for an inflated price new... and get an off contract plan ... or buy a used phone, take good care of it then you can get a decently cheap plan, my wife's plan is $25 for unlimited data 250 min (she uses about 15 min a month max) mine is $50 for unlimited everything with tethering data to my laptop...

you don't have to get raped in the states, but peopel don't think abotu ho much they will pay for the contract over time vs buying a phoen outright, its pretty sad and the telecoms are laughing thier wty to the bank with huge profit margins

troyboy1970

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Cricket has a $55 plan for its smart phone. DOES EVERYTHING and the Android system is HOT!!!!!!!!!!! NO contracts either.......... Screw ATT and VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
[citation][nom]dtm4trix[/nom]Of course they are.......people are paying it right now. the fact of the matter is even if they gave me the phone, it's still on ATT's network and I am still stuck with a 2 year old phone for 2 years. So I think that is more the issue. Hell!, then if you want to upgrade to iPhone 5, you have to pay full price, no subsidy and that would totally suck.[/citation]
I stated "general public". Smartphone adoption is still below 20% nationwide. I wouldn't make the statement,"of course they are".

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]rawoysters[/nom]I stated "general public". Smartphone adoption is still below 20% nationwide. I wouldn't make the statement,"of course they are".[/citation]

While adoption is only 20% thats still a hell of alot of people. And that 20% is growing every year so I stand by what I said. While state of the art phones are costing a premium the lower end phones are pretty cheap these days and more and more people are buying said smart phones so look for those numbers to go higher. HTC and Motorola as well as the other smartphone companies are looking at double digit growth over the next couple of years if that doesnt set a precedent I don't know what does.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]I just ordered a Windows Mobile 7 Phone from T-Mobile. It was free. My iPhone 4 has been slow for the last couple of weeks and the calls are dropping even more. So time to give Microsoft a chance because Google blew it for me six months ago.[/citation]

so how is it performing?

Status
Not open for further replies.