Confusion Regarding unlocking a fully paid for iPhone 6

Jun 15, 2018
I recently upgraded from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 10. My carrier is AT&T.
The iphone 6 is fully paid for, but it still has a sim card in it. The iphone 10 also has a sim card in it which i use for calling. But both sim cards are of the same number. I wish to submit an unlock request on the AT&T website to unlock the iphone 6 but i am worried it would unlock my iphone 10 as well. I only wish to unlock my iPhone 6. Could you please help me on how to do it ?
The AT&T customer care wasn't very helpful regarding this issue and i'd be grateful if i find a solution here.
Thank you

hang-the-9

Titan
When you unlock your phone, they should ask you for the IEMI number of the phone. Unless they mix up your phones they will unlock the correct one. And why would it matter if they unlock both? That just means you can use both outside of the AT&T network.

PhilipMichaels

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Have you tried making your request through AT&T's website:

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

It will ask for your phone number, but I believe that's to verify your a customer. The important digit, as hang-the-9 says, is the IEMI number for the phone. Supply the iPhone 6's IEMI number -- you can find it in the Settings app or by dialing *#06# on the phone -- and AT&T should be able to process your request.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jduacouple iPhone 1
J iPhone 1
A iPhone 1
K iPhone 2
M iPhone 1
M iPhone 1
C iPhone 1
T iPhone 1
J iPhone 1
D iPhone 1
G iPhone 1