AT&T Sets the Coverage Map Record Straight

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]aoster87[/nom]I am glad to see that AT&T has addressed Verizon's ads.Verizon straight up lied about 3G coverage where I live. There are two 3G network areas in Illinois (Champaign-Urbana, and Peoria areas) where 3G is present and has been for several months. Of course Verizon's "There's a map for that" commercials would exclude that fact and lie to the consumer. Who knows where else Verizon is lying about.Oh well, Verizon is just pissed about the better selection of phones AT&T has.Also, I think Sprint has the fastest network, so both can stfu.Signed: An AT&T customer.[/citation]
Do you have Verizon cell coverage at all? If so then they do have 3g their....simply because Verizon only has 3g coverage (nothing less unlike AT&T). Also when you say a better selection of phones, you mean the iphone right? I merely ask because both companies have many phones, although AT&T's Phones tend to feel cheaper (more of a cheaper/thinner/less sturdy plastics). Also it isnt a very good argument since you didnt list any of these phones you are mentioning. For example Verizon has the Blackberry storm, Casio Bolder (I own, many others I knw own, and we all love it...its indestructible), LG Venus/Droid/Voyager/Chocolate/Envy/Versa, Samsung sway/alias....etc...All of these are the more popular phones out their from verizon.

Also how many people will be calling someone and surfing the web at the same time? Not that you cant but how often does this happen!? Also what do you do too do it at the same time, use speaker phone? I know if I was talking to someone and they wanted to look something up on their cell I would tell them to just call me back in 20 mins when they are done...Just my 2 cents

ch1ckench0wme1n

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Interesting how so many have had dropped calls with the iphone. I've had no more than 10 in a year and a half, I can't say that about alltel or Tmobile who had the 4 years previously.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Anyone who like the movie Old School must be tards.Seriously, Old School sucks. RottenTomato or Metacritic it; most critics and people overwhelmingly agree.[/citation]

Would those reviews be from the same elitist snob d-bags who use Mac's and iPhones? Just wondering...

sucre

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
Consumer Reports just named Verizon the network to have, nationally and in every single one of 26 metropolitan areas. AT&T was the #3 network overall, and never scored higher than #3 in any of the metropolitan areas, except for the Tampa Bay area where it was #2.

AT&T's commercials state that their network reaches 300 million people, and that may be true, but at what speed and with what consistency and quality? This is a whole 'nother area for Verizon to exploit if they want. They can't name Consumer Reports (but they can say "a leading consumer magazine.")

restrain_oligopolies

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2008
A professor at University of New Orleans and an accountant in New Orleans complained to me that they can't call each other because AT&T has NO cell service touching University of New Orleans.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
ATT should stop with the whining and weasel-wording and simply invest in a higher density 3G network than Verizon or, better yet, get busy establishing the next 4G network.

Status
Not open for further replies.