AT&T To Court: Please Make Verizon Stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Blame the industry At&t has a better system in place their 3G but the industry decides to slap labels such a 3G for a group of types of networks, at&t's is technically faster it's just not as robust as Versions so guess what that's what version markets they aren't going to do a speed comparison when they would loose. Don't take them to courts make your own commercial. T_T

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
You can't really sue them for saying something true.

So if anything, AT&T should sue the lawyer(s) who told them they can actually win this case.

G

IzzyCraft I don't think can speak english very well, but I will say this... Verizon may not be the fastest in terms of 3G but it still is the strongest, and if their claims are valid then AT&T doesn't have a leg to stand on. Oh and in terms of speed... its a damn cell phone my storm2 is plenty fast and I have a slingbox and can stream directly through their 3G perfectly well...

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I don't think I've ever seen an advertisement that isn't misleading. I see insurance companies prodding each other, and of course there's Apple's ads making stuff up about Windows. None of them go QQing to the courts. The courts are just going to throw this back at AT&T.

Don't complain about the competition, put more effort into making a better product. Despite advertisements, the products will speak for themselves.

CoderDunn

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
"While this statement is literally true based on square miles, it is misleading because the overwhelming majority of the US population lives and works where both Verizon and AT&T have '3G' coverage"

What about someone who travels a lot?

G

AT&T, Apple, and Intel all suck at life, which is why they do business with each other...

G

What doesn't AT&T add the infrastructure. Then Verizon can't use that advertising. If they add a bit more then they can run their own ads with maps.

G

@ kittle. shut up. verzon is the one using that motto. why do you think they made those commercials? its because at&t and the iphone are doing so good with getting new costumers that verizon has to pull this desperate stunt to try to get some. and mean at&t got 2 million while verizon got 1.2. verizon is just pure bitch that cant play fair.

gravitygirl

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Unfortunately almost all advertising is misleading. And perhaps the U.S. will have to take a page from Europe's advertising playbook to avoid all the wasted time and effort arguing about things like this.

Someone in EU correct me if I'm wrong, but I do EU ad laws disallow a company comparing their product to another company? So EU companies are allowed to toot their own horn but are not allowed to say they are better than 'X'. is that true in EU?

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
AT&T really cannot complain here, they go around bragging about being the fastest, Verizon brags about being the widest. You don't see Verizon suing anyone?

This is just making their coverage look as bad as it really is, which they do not like.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]sucky_sucky_[/nom]AT&T, Apple, and Intel all suck at life, which is why they do business with each other...[/citation]
And you are a troll. GTFOH.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
AT&T is just pissed because Verizon found AT&T's weakness. So who cares that the AT&T wants Verizon to say that they at least cover the population but... WHAT IF I WANT TO GET 3G COVERAGE OUTSIDE THE POPULATION!!!

For instance, I'm on a week camping trip and on day 4 I planned on doing some hiking however it is going to rain all day, so instead of sitting around all day I want to look up what's playing at the local movies or is there any other indoor entertainment so the day isn't totally ruined... well there you have it only having 3G coverage in areas where only the "majority population" resides doesn't exactly fit the way I need it to... *Wish I could make the "I" bigger.*

Yeah sure you can still get connectivity but who's to say it's going to be fast or if you are going to be roaming...

intesx

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Amazingly, AT&T actually has a valid argument here... I'm really surprised that they haven't pointed out that Verizon's map includes VZW's 1xRTT coverage as "3G" when it's really a 2.5G technology. If Verizon wants to shows it 2.5G on its 3G coverage map, they should show AT&T's EDGE coverage too. If you were to look at Verizon's EV-DO map by itself, it would be nearly indistinguishable from AT&T's 3G map that they show.

G

Quote:

And you are a troll. GTFOH.

Right, there's no truth to that whatsoever, it's just trolling.... They're all fantastic companies just trying to make an honest buck....

/Epic Sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS