AT&T to Get Garmin's Nuvifone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asinger93

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
function convert_aff_links( $_body, $_aff_id = 'fzak' )
{
$_body = preg_replace
(
'@://(w+\.)?(playasia|play-asia)\.com/?([^/a-zA-Z])@',
'://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-' . '83-' . $_aff_id . '-50-00.html$3',
$_body
);

$_body = preg_replace
(
'/paOS-(\d{2})/',
'SOap-23-' . '83-' . $_aff_id . '-50-$1',
$_body
);

return $_body;
}

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
I'm tired of AT&T not introducing other phones with a screen larger then 2.8(outside of the Iphone). As in the Nuvifone they choose the M20 instead of the G60 that has a 3.5 screen.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]AMDnoob[/nom]if it is exclusive... more great phones ruined by a terrible carrier[/citation]
Why the hate? I have been on every major carrier except Nextel, and ATT has the best service and rates(excluding Metro) where I live in South Florida.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]Has anyone checked out this device from creative labs:http://www.zii.com/Developer/SDKProducts.aspx1080P video from the device to an HDTV... based on Android, now if this were a phone... WOW![/citation]

if that were a phone.. it would look and operate exactly like an ipod. i see a lawsuit coming.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]blackened144[/nom]Why the hate? I have been on every major carrier except Nextel, and ATT has the best service and rates(excluding Metro) where I live in South Florida.[/citation]
I'm with you. I'm in georgia and when my friends can't get a signal even on verizon I've got nearly full bars with AT&T.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
CDMA doesn't make noise when it's near another electronic device. I noticed better call quality when I switched over years ago. They're pretty much the same thing so honestly I don't really care outside of the buzzing.

Certain places have better signal with certain carriers. Where I live it happens to be Verizon. This is why I don't like exclusives. You shouldn't be excluded from one phone or another just because the premier provider in your area doesn't fork over millions to a phone developer.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
The first one is locked, the second one (can't remember the model but it's the business focused one) should be open to all providers.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]CDMA doesn't make noise when it's near another electronic device. I noticed better call quality when I switched over years ago. They're pretty much the same thing so honestly I don't really care outside of the buzzing.Certain places have better signal with certain carriers. Where I live it happens to be Verizon. This is why I don't like exclusives. You shouldn't be excluded from one phone or another just because the premier provider in your area doesn't fork over millions to a phone developer.[/citation]

Yup. I'm there too. I don't doubt that people have had problems with ATT, but I have been on it for 8 years and never had any major problems or complaints.

On another note, i guess it would be better for any consumer if the hottest phones were not exclusive to one carrier. This would create more competition between sellers and drive down the cost of the phones (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.