AT&T: Wi-Fi iPad Will Be More Popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

smlong

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
I do the same thing with my phone because I don't want to pay for 3G. I get by fine with Free Wifi at fast food joints, book stores, coffee shops, hotels, etc.

redplanet_returns

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]festerovic[/nom]um, yes they do have the 3g.[/citation]
not sure whether ur referring to iPad or AT&T...

for iPad, not all models have 3G, only higher end ones...
for AT&T..they were just complaining about iPhone users using too much data not too long ago, along with bad 3G coverage, so i don't think they're considered to be able to accomodate more 3G data coming from iPad

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Apple: transparent tethering... do it... do it now. If all the iPhone users can access the net transparently on their iPad through their iPhone you might actually manage to sell more than 3 of those things.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
So true!
People will use WiFi not 3G!

You have already internet at your house.
Why pay more ?

Anyway iPad doesn't have any meaning. No Flash, no keyboard, no fun... It's just a gadget for show off.
A netbook will be ALWAYS more useful than that useless thing.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
The iPad is a joke. It's simply not big enough. For such a device to be usable it needs to be at least two to three times larger in physical size. It also needs to have faster performance than Intel's Core 7 processor without sacrificing battery life.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Apple's relying on their brand to sell this thing... For all those fanboy apple zombies who pray to the apple gods to go out and buy this thing regardless of all it's shortcomings... Sad thing is... this will most likely happen...

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]redplanet_returns[/nom]not sure whether ur referring to ...[/citation]

He was referring to "you want the 3G?? WE DON'T HAVE THE 3G!!"
I think.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
i hate all these ipad news. i swear to god even mac fanboys will find themselves returning it and getting a pc or an archos. seriously, apple has been doing ok the last couple of years because they came out with the ipod touch, if it wasnt for that they would be out of business. the got lucky and now they cant repeat another sucess. Microsoft has always been one step ahead and has much more technology than just windows and the zune. apple is mainly focused nowadays to the teen crowd because they know that adults are smart and wont buy their shit, however dumb ignorant kids will because they want to be "cool"

G

There are alternatives to the Ipad (IMO better as well), except they haven't been marketed as well and isn't made by Apple. For example, the ASUS T91. Take a netbook and give it a tablet screen.

Guess what, it's less then $500, can multitask, has more space, Wi-Fi of course, usb ports, real keyboard, and everything else a netbook can do. Granted, runtime might not be as long(depending on what you do), doesn't play HD, and is twice as thick, but it costs less then the cheapest Ipad and does more.

There are also Mobile Internet Devices as an alternative to the Ipad. These things are already out (the T91 came out 6 months ago), just need some marketing to convince the public that they need another piece of technology controlling their lives.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]...the same AT&T that said they have no problems with their network. When Verizon gets the next iPhone AT&T will lose 1/4 of it's customers instantly. I have 4 friends with the iPhone and they all said they will break their contracts when anyone else gets it.[/citation]
Except Verizon will never be getting an iPhone because they don't want it. Just remember that Apple offered the iPhone to Verizon first and Verizon rejected it because they didn't like Apple's "it's our way or the highway" policy. Apple has repeatedly refused to change their original agreement they offered to Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.