AT&T Will Be 'Premier Windows Phone 7 Carrier'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
AT&T does me no problem. I live in socal and enjoy the coverage I get. As for the phone itself, I don't know if I would be the first to purchase. I'll wait till you purchase it first and or your comments on it :)

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Why does ATT get all the good phones? Verizon get's ADROID this news is so lame. Now we will have the 2 best phones on the market exclusive to ATT. Urgh!

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
"very, very comparable to any smartphone on the market."

Wow, Im really looking forward to seeing something that has "vey, very little difference"to the other smartphones on the market.

G

This sounds like total rubbish to me. From what I gathered with the big dispersing of the Win7 Phones to Microsoft employees, they basically said that no one would have to change carriers.
AT&T might offer some kind of "premier" services that enhance the phone experience, but I don't think this equates to "exclusive".
Besides, doesn't every carrier have "premier" android phones already? Networks just talk themselves up whatever way possible.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]"very, very comparable to any smartphone on the market."Wow, Im really looking forward to seeing something that has "vey, very little difference"to the other smartphones on the market.[/citation]
Kinda what I'm thinking. Even if it's a little better, why would I ditch my iOS or Android apps, just to get them on the Win7 platform? Oh right, it's new. ;-)

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Last I checked, Sprint/Verizon are getting the World Phone version of the HTC Handsets, so in other words it can work on both CDMA and GSM signals (Plus Sprint will also have 4G). AT&T may say they are the premiere partner, but of course they will gimp the phone into oblivion with the inability to download apps/music/video over their 3G. Never mind their crappy service in general.

And all you WP7 Haters before it's out... We all mocked the G1 when it was out with its crashes, limited apps, etc, and now it has taken off. Well WP7 more than likely will follow and surpass everyone in due time. Microsoft wants this and I believe they will pull it off.

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]What is the difference between Premier and Exclusive... does it just mean that it will launch on ATT first...[/citation]

Sounds more like we will "Hype it more than the others". But either way Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile Will also have the phone on release day. I believe Sprint over the others will push WP7 a lot since Verizon has the "Droid" Push and AT&T still has iPhoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.