Attachment Preview Or Download Yields Multiple Attempts

Gurumantra

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
Over the past few days, whenever I click to download an attachment or click to preview a file attachment, the task fails to complete. There are a repeating series of attempts to open a tab and it closes or, there are an increasing number of copies of the attachment that download. My only solution to accessing any browser control is to kill it. I also have to open my downloads and delete the copies. Something is definitely wrong.
I downloaded McAfee's tech advisor tool and it says I'm A-OK. What do you know about this issue? Do you have a recommendation?

It sounds like it is the browser that is the cause of the problem.

Depending on what browser you are using, it could be a bad update, or in need of an update. It could also be a bad add-on.

Try running the browser without any add-ons running and see if it problem resolves.

It sounds like it is the browser that is the cause of the problem.

Depending on what browser you are using, it could be a bad update, or in need of an update. It could also be a bad add-on.

Try running the browser without any add-ons running and see if it problem resolves.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
clodneedshelp Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 5
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 7
D Laptop Tech Support 2