Solved! Attatch Roku to DVD recorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2018
Can I attach a Roku streaming device to my digital DVD recorder so I can record a DVD while I watch the program on my TV the recorder outputs to? The Ruko adds say something about a Cloud DVR (Digital Video Recorder), so can I do what I'm asking?

Solution
Cloud DVR isn't a function of Roku but of some of the streaming services that Roku can access.
The HDMI output of the Roku is HDCP encoded so your recorder won't record the output even if it does have an HDMI input. If you had the Roku Express+ that has AV outputs that could be recorded.
If you are going to illegally record content you might as well illegally download that content.
Cloud DVR isn't a function of Roku but of some of the streaming services that Roku can access.
The HDMI output of the Roku is HDCP encoded so your recorder won't record the output even if it does have an HDMI input. If you had the Roku Express+ that has AV outputs that could be recorded.
If you are going to illegally record content you might as well illegally download that content.

Solution
Sep 21, 2018
The Roku customer service rep just called and answered my question. He said that if I use the Roku Express+ with RCA output to my recorder it should work a-ok. I will not be illegally recording anything so it seems like I'll have a happy ending. Thanks for following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.