audio connections problems

Apr 1, 2018
I have a westinghouse mod. # DWM40F3G1 TV with no HDMI(ARC) connection and want to connect LG SJ4Y sound bar, what cable/converter/adapter do I need to do this?

You can connect the headphone out of the TV to the portable input on the soundbar. 3.5mm stereo cable will do it.
The TV does have a coax digital audio output. To connect that to the optical input on the soundbar you would need a coax to optical digital audio converter, a coax digital audio cable, and a toslink optical audio cable. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the digital output.

You can connect the headphone out of the TV to the portable input on the soundbar. 3.5mm stereo cable will do it.
The TV does have a coax digital audio output. To connect that to the optical input on the soundbar you would need a coax to optical digital audio converter, a coax digital audio cable, and a toslink optical audio cable. Check the TV manual on how to turn on and configure the digital output.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Audio 0
Sound guy Audio 1
M Audio 1
A Audio 1
S Audio 1
dopeeh Audio 1
J Audio 8
Est2000Eli Audio 1
2 Audio 3
N Audio 7
T Audio 7
S Audio 1
N Audio 6
D Audio 3
E Audio 1
K Audio 1
Z Audio 1
T Audio 3
Edmark Audio 9
G Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Microphone in my headset is not picking up my voice when connected to PC but it works fine on my Phone.
Question Why when I connect my subwoofer Yamaha YST SW215 with my speakers to my external soundcard, all I get is a low bass sound with no speaker sound
Question AV receiver not decoding HD audio from PC over HDMI connection
Question How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question How do I connect active speakers to an active speaker with no RCA output?
Question how can I connect a SYBA USA VGA to HDMI converter Audio connector to an external amp/speaker
Question HELP! Connecting old JVC Speakers to audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett)
Question Connect TV to Surround sound when TV has no audio outputs at all
Problem with connecting TV through a passive audio selector splitter
problem connecting samsung smart tv with 5.1 active speakers using 5.1CH HDMI Audio Extractor Decode AC3/DST to 5.1 Amplifier
Audio connection problem through spdif 3.5 mm jack.
Please help me, Audio Problem, none of my audio producing devices are connected and I cant fix it.
No problem connecting to bluetooth but when I try to turn muti-output audio on it say this feature not available now
Problems with TV - Soundbar audio connection
Hello..i have problems connecting my LG led TV to my LG ARX8500 sound system ,so therefore i can't get to hear my TVs audio.
Problem connecting my LG 47LA6200 audio to run through older Analog NAD stereo
Audio problem: monitor no inbuilt speakers, only one hdmi and two devices connected
Problem Connecting LG TV AND Home Theater Audio
Problem with multiple audio connections

ASK THE COMMUNITY