audio from tv to stereo, NO SOUND.

telsmt

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
I have a toshiba regza tv and an old kenwood stack. The tv has rca output on the side & the stereo has rca input on the rear. I hook the two up with an rca cable, switch the stereo to aux but there is no sound. I am just running freview on the tv (no set top box). The only prob I can see is that the rca output on the side of the tv is marked with 'source 2' and the freeview plays through 'source tv'.
Does this mean that the audio output on the tv will only work on 'source2' ? (All very well if you can get freeview to play through 'source2', but it doesn't, it plays through 'source tv') Seems like a pointless audio output? I have tried the headphone 3.5 mm output and this works into a surround sound system but will only play 2.1 despite the ss being 5.1. Is it possible to get a 3.5 mm headphone to rca cable, & would this work in to the stereo input?
Thanks for your help. Terry.

Solution
I suspect that you have connected to an audio input not an output.
Without the model numbers no way we can check.
If the TV and ss have digital audio out and in use those.
If not then use the headphone jack of the TV and select Dolby Prologic as your surround sound mode (or any other that is designed for stereo input),
I suspect that you have connected to an audio input not an output.
Without the model numbers no way we can check.
If the TV and ss have digital audio out and in use those.
If not then use the headphone jack of the TV and select Dolby Prologic as your surround sound mode (or any other that is designed for stereo input),

Solution