Audio goes robotic randomly? Help pls ?

Ciggzy

Estimable
Aug 23, 2014
I currently have an audiotechnica AT2020 xlr microphone with a focusrite scarlet solo audio interface and i have bayerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm headphones.
I'm having a problem where randomly my audio becomes robotic and i have to disable my playback device and re-enable it to fix it. Why is this happening?
Also im on windows 8 if that helps.
Thanks.

Solution
When you say goes robotic what do you mean? can you provide an audio sample of this? As for what it might be i would suggest removing parts from the system until it works. That should give you the fault in the system which you can take to a repair shop for diagnosis.

Also i have had a similar problem with a graphics card not audio in particular however audio did sound "robotic" when the card stopped working this was followed by a driver crash and the driver needed to recover to return to normal function. You issue sounds very similar to this and this could be from your computer output or the interface, unfortunately neither will be cheap to replace hence i suggest you find which one is causing the fault and get it professionaly...

harrysmellington

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
When you say goes robotic what do you mean? can you provide an audio sample of this? As for what it might be i would suggest removing parts from the system until it works. That should give you the fault in the system which you can take to a repair shop for diagnosis.

Also i have had a similar problem with a graphics card not audio in particular however audio did sound "robotic" when the card stopped working this was followed by a driver crash and the driver needed to recover to return to normal function. You issue sounds very similar to this and this could be from your computer output or the interface, unfortunately neither will be cheap to replace hence i suggest you find which one is causing the fault and get it professionaly diagnosed.

For diagnosis i would suggest a PC repair shop however if it is indeed the interface a HiFi repair would be a better bet.

Solution