Audio in socket on Speakers - male to male?

Sylphrena

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hello everybody.
I have a stereo with two audio sockets, one for headphones and one labeled audio-in.
I usually play music from my USB but i wanted to play music from my phone and use the stereo set as a speaker.

I have a male-to-male cable and i tried connecting my phone to the speaker's audio-in (and switched my speakers to audio-in mode) but it doesn't seem to work.

i've noticed something peculiar regarding the male-to-male cable: The connector seems to be smaller than usual and It falls out really easily from the socket unlike my earphones. Are these the wrong type of cables to use? The connectors look identical to ones that fit properly (my sennheiser earphones)

Edit: Just found out that 2.5mm jacks exist. Maybe that male to male cord is 2.5mm but i honestly think its a bit thicker than my 3.5mm earphones...

Do i need to get a 3.5mm male-to-male in order to get my stereo to play music from my phone?

Sylphrena

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Okay. Thank you guys. I'll be getting a male to male 3.5mm

The 3.5mm to 3.5mm male cable worked. I also brought the cable i already had to the store and they said the jack was 3.5mm but faulty and that was why it didn't work.