Audio Issues Sound frequently cuts from regular audio to very quite.

Snaxer

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015
Hello, I don't usually ask for help, since i can usually resolve these kinds of issues on my own but, i'm out of options and I always see a lot of problems get solved on this forum.

Anyway, I got a new laptop for mainly school, watching videos talking to friends etc.. and the problem is that when ever I'm watching videos the audio will randomly cut from regular audio to a sort of bad quality audio were it sounds like the computer is underwater, if that makes sense.

Things I think might be important to know:
  • [
    Its Windows 10 OS.
    I got it 3 days ago.
    I made some changes to the audio settings but it didn't do anything.
    its a dell Inspiron.
    I haven't seen it happen outside of Netflix and YouTube

Hi,

Does this happen even using an external speaker or a headphone? Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the sound card driver.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If it doesn't install the driver automatically, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site.
- Also do run Windows Update and install all the updates available.
See if these will resolve the issue. :)

Snaxer

Estimable
Aug 16, 2015

Hi, Laptop_nerd, huge thanks for the quick reply I will try that right now and yes i'm about 80% sure it does happen when i'm using headphones but i'm not certain. I will see if uninstalling the drivers will fix the problem.

Update:
Uhm Im slightly afraid I'm probably just being paranoid but I went to device manager and went under sound, video, and game controllers. The Realtek High Definition Audio was there, and I wanna just make sure that when I uninstall it Im not going to make any permanent audio issue on my computer.
Thanks