Audio output flixking between speakers and headphones. Disabling not fixing. Help!

Jul 13, 2018
My ports on my pc are physically damaged and I'm wondering if there is some sort of software block that can fix this or if I'm just going to have to repair my pc ports.

The basic problem is that my audio output is continuously flickering between my speaker output and my headphone output. My headphone output is connected to my 2nd usb port on the front of my pc because my regular duel audio jacks are also broken (I need to treat my ports better).

I've tried disabling the usb port and the headphones in general but even with the headphones unplugged, the audio still flickers between a disabled headphone port and the speakers. Should I just replace my ports? If so what's the procdure for that? Do I need to bring my rig into a shop or can I do it myself? Thanks!

Ps: the output flicks between speakers and headphones almost every second making any audio impossible to play or watch with.

Solution
The ports, above and to the right of the CD/DVD player are USB ports. At least two of them are USB 3.0

Inside the indicated black and white are the power and data connections for the CD/DVD as I followed the video.

The audio ports will be small circular openings 3.5 mm (1/8"). Some on the back (motherboard and/or sound card) and probably a couple ports on the front somewhere. Should be some small diameter cables running from the motherboard or perhaps sound card to the front audio ports.

Those are the cables/connections you need to find. And they should be color coded to help identify their specific use(s).
Jul 13, 2018
Sryy I'm new to fourm posting and I downvoted your answer.

I'm using the ports near the power button. I don't think it's directly connected to the motherboard like the rear ports are but Idk. The problem is that my pc keeps trying to output audio from my front usb ports even though I have tried disabling those ports software-wise.

See even if I got an audio card the audio outputs would still be switching back and forth. I need a solution that either completely disables all the front ports or a way to replace the front ports.

Jul 13, 2018

When I open up my pc the front ports are encased in a big gray box that has cables connected to the mother board. There's only two cables and I don't think I would be able to turn on my pc if I unplugged them

What motherboard do you have - make and model?

Overall, all those cables do is connect the motherboard to the ports physically mounted (for convenience) on the front panel.

Most likely just USB ports. Or audio for earphones/headsets.

Find the user guide for your motherboard. Identify the plugs/ports in question.

We need to understand the bigger picture. Thanks.

Jul 13, 2018
https://youtu.be/B83WxphDcFs
That video should link to a short video of my involved parts.

I have an MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate. The two cables coming from the "gray front panel box" are white and black SATA wires. They both connect to the motherboard at SATA 1 right next to each other. The cnnections are secure I think I might need to remove the gray box and install new usb ports. Idk tho

The ports, above and to the right of the CD/DVD player are USB ports. At least two of them are USB 3.0

Inside the indicated black and white are the power and data connections for the CD/DVD as I followed the video.

The audio ports will be small circular openings 3.5 mm (1/8"). Some on the back (motherboard and/or sound card) and probably a couple ports on the front somewhere. Should be some small diameter cables running from the motherboard or perhaps sound card to the front audio ports.

Those are the cables/connections you need to find. And they should be color coded to help identify their specific use(s).

Solution