Audio Speakers recommendation?

andresordeix

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Hey guys, so I'm looking to buy some speakers for my gaming desktop... I have a budget of $150.
So far I've seen the Bose Companion 2 Series III and the M-Audio Studiophile AV30. But I don't know if it's good enough for music and gaming.

Are there any other recommendations instead of the ones I mentioned? If it doesn't pass the $150, that would be great!

Solution
a pair of bookshelf speakers +stereo amplifier. hifi speakers are definitely the way to go.

on the cheap, b652 daytons (or micca mb42) paired with a cheap lepai amp. on your budget you could even manage a dayton sub800 subwoofer. for the price, pretty decent audio quality.

for a little more you can get pioneer bs22 or klipsch kb15 though a decent amplifier will push you past your listed budget (but may very well be worthwhile for you to think about).

bose is generally completely overpriced for the sound quality you get and well known for cheaping out on construction.

i do not know much about the av30 from m audio except that they appear to only be so-so on sound quality and have rather subpar reliability.
a pair of bookshelf speakers +stereo amplifier. hifi speakers are definitely the way to go.

on the cheap, b652 daytons (or micca mb42) paired with a cheap lepai amp. on your budget you could even manage a dayton sub800 subwoofer. for the price, pretty decent audio quality.

for a little more you can get pioneer bs22 or klipsch kb15 though a decent amplifier will push you past your listed budget (but may very well be worthwhile for you to think about).

bose is generally completely overpriced for the sound quality you get and well known for cheaping out on construction.

i do not know much about the av30 from m audio except that they appear to only be so-so on sound quality and have rather subpar reliability.

Solution