Audio stutter on HDMI speakers

Xtal_

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014
I have a problem with audio stuttering on my TV when using my Roku 1 specifically. The Roku is connected via HDMI cable and my speakers (Logitech Z130) are connected by 3.5mm. I have noticed a slight audio jump or stutter, it's quite insignificant and is only noticeable with good ears but it's there and it can get really irritating when watching shows. I have my TV audio set to PCM stereo and also on the ROKU settings. Anyone know if this is fixable by changing the settings or if it's a hardware problem (broken jack etc) I also get a popping sound every so often however this is very infrequent.

Don't think changing the setting will help. Doesn't sound like a bad connector either though it can't be ruled out.
Does the same problem happen on other sources connected to the TV?
If it does then the Roku is not the problem. Could be the TV. Since the speakers are analog they are not likely to cause stuttering or jumping.
If not try connecting the speakers directly to the Roku 1. That will tell you if the Roku is the problem

Xtal_

Estimable
Oct 18, 2014

I found the issue to be not my speakers but Now TV in particular, a lot of their programs have audio problems