Audio Technica ATH-AD700 or Sennheiser HD 598

Jackal7618

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Hey, everyone so I'm trying to decide between these two headphones but I'm not entirely sure which to choose the ATH-AD700 I found on ebay for around $88 usd ($115 cad for me) and the HD 598 from Amazon for $138 usd ($180 cad for me) They are both used. Also should I have any concerns about buying used off Ebay? Wouldn't I have to invest money in new pads for the ATH-AD700? (New to buying used Headphones) Also are the prices good for these headphones? (I know the ATH-AD700 is kinda ugly in that Color)

Here are some pictures of the ATH-AD700 that the seller took, the seller didn't include a description but he has good feedback:
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Solution
depends on what you're looking for in a headphone...

ad700 are more treble/mid focused with huge soundstage (great for gaming! but perhaps not as immersive due to not much depth to bass) while hd598 is more neutral, easy listening and laid back with a fairly flat signature. a bit more bass than the ad700, not quite as bright nor detailed but a good all rounder.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... I have some HD280pro's http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD280Pro?adpos=1o1&creative=55678058761&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=COLnjrbHzMsCFdgSgQodpzQDpA they are $100 US/bestbuy new? I love them for recording and wearing for long hours... check out the reviews all over for them... mine are 4 years young.
Check web sites for spare parts for most name brand models... ear, cable, etc... if NO spare parts or over priced, skip those on your list.

Headphones are like shoes and suggest you try some models on... and a listen, if ya can. Big heads and ears, and like hats don't fit all the same.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Just going to put this out there if you didn't know - the AD700 is discontinued by Audio Technica and the new version is the AD700X. I'd preferably buy the Sennheisers in this situation purely since its still supported, but like Ironsounds said, you have to try them on to know what you like.

depends on what you're looking for in a headphone...

ad700 are more treble/mid focused with huge soundstage (great for gaming! but perhaps not as immersive due to not much depth to bass) while hd598 is more neutral, easy listening and laid back with a fairly flat signature. a bit more bass than the ad700, not quite as bright nor detailed but a good all rounder.

Solution