audio-technica ath-adg1x vs sennheiser hd598

MERGED QUESTION
Question from timmy200 : "Headphones comparison please?"

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
To the OP, Either of those headphones you are looking at are really good choices and they both will work with Xbox. Like I said which one is better will be up to you so try to find some reviews of each and see what kind of sound you like—like if you like a strong base or not, that might help you make a decision

Usually criteria I look for is it Hass to be very comfortable so I can wear them for very long periods of time and it has the sound amazing

There is a link I will share later when I’m at my desk that has a bunch of really good headphones and reviews of everything and you can make a choice out of there to fit your budget

anort did this to me. Now i am looking at expensive DACs and amps

Oct 25, 2018

I am willing to spend €300. I will be using them for fps games. What would be the best headset/mic/dac setup for this price? My guess was either the audio-technica ath-adg1x or sennheiser hd598/modmic. I was also thinking of getting the astro gamedac to be used with each of them

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/97mi5s/zguides_headphones/

there you go, you can choose whatever you fancy, I think your cans are listed there as well. all good headphones, none are bad.

Oct 25, 2018

Thanks, thats a great list! I'm looking into the sennheiser 6xx or sennheiser 598. What dac/amp will i need to power the sennhesier 6xx? Do I need a dac/amp for the sennhesier 598? Is there much of a sound difference between the two?

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
you won't be able to use just any DAC with xbox one, but there are external amps for it. I think Turtle Beach has one. At any rate, you would want an DAC that has Optical inputs (for your xbox's optical audio outs) and can convert that, and has an integrated amp

this one has been mentioned around the Internet as a great one for XBOX One

ASTRO Gaming MixAmp Pro Kit

DOLBY DIGITAL 7.1 Plug into an ASTRO MixAmp and immerse yourself in the audio of your favorite games. Use every gunshot and footstep to pinpoint exactly where the fight is and get the drop on your opponents before they hear you
MULTI-SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY ASTRO MixAmps ensure compatibility with any major platform you choose to game on. Whether you're gaming on an Xbox 360, a PS3, a PC, or a mobile platform ASTRO has you covered
TUNED WITH ASTRO AUDIO Working closely with pro gamers and top audio designers to deliver the highest level of clarity at every frequency, ASTRO AUDIO is designed to make your games, music, and movies sound the absolute best

(I am going to probably get what anort uses for my home and a schiit fulla 2 for work pc, then my pc will be fulla schiit)

Oct 25, 2018
I have one final question... Ive decided to go with the audio-technica ath-adg1x.

What is the best mixamp/dac that i can get for my xbox. Keeping in mind I would like to be able to use the chat function. I was thinking of the astro mixamp but that is pricey

I live in Ireland BTW

Does the Dolby surround sound processor - Ear Force DSS 2 work with these headphones with the chat functionality