Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser. Which one would be the best Headphone for me?

ballarin

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Hello,
So I've been looking for a new pair of headsets for gaming since my HyperX Cloud mic broke and sadly I lost my receipt.
So I play mostly FPS games (Rainbow Six Siege and CS:GO) and love listening music too (all kinds). That's why I'm a bit confused and believe that my situation is not like the other ones. My favorite band is Dream Theater, they are a Progressive Metal band and uses a lot of instrumental so I think having soundstage would be good for my FPS and music but I also like Eletronics (must have some bass) and the problem being an open headphone is that there are other people in the room I use my computer but If it doesn't leaks A LOT of sound there will be no problem because they only watch TV / YouTube / Netflix.
So my thoughts are: Sennheiser HD598, Beyerdynamic dt990 pro or Audio-Technica ATH-AD700.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
it sounds like you may enjoy the dt990 the most or if you can deal with fairly flat response the hd598. if you're worried about leak the dt770 may also be considered as its not a bad pick
response curve. flat meaning that bass, mids, treble sound like similar levels or strength. dt990/770 are v shaped so have more bass/treb than mids. v shaped can be more fun while flat is more tonally accurate but can be a bit boring for some.

hd598 doesnt need anything special although in some cases a soundcard would be needed. dt990/770 i'd suggest an amp.

598 will be powered more easily by a mobile phone without any equipment, yes.

32, 250, 600 ohm dt990? yes. first the cheaper edition (pro) is only 250. to get 32/250/600 option you need to go with the more expensive premium. premium is a bit more airy sounding and a little less bassy. 32 ohm is easier to drive but lacks just a little bit of the bass and clarity of the 250 and 600.

you want a headphone amplifier not a speaker amplifier. my suggestion would be the schiit magni 2. the o2 amp would also work. the fiio e10k or audioengine d1 are a little light for the job but may work. you could also use tube amplifiers like the bravo v2 which is pretty cheap.

ballarin

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Ok, so I live in Brazil and the price of the eletronics here is really expensive. if I convert the total amount of the dt990 and the schiit magni 2 it will be arround 760 dollars and the HD598 will be around 450 dollars. The price of the DT990 and Sennheiser is the same here 1450 reais and the schiit magni 2 is 1030 reais. I need to know if this investment is going to be worth the price I'm paying...