Audio troubles ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Leriaz

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Hello. So I'm having some troubles hearing the left speaker on my computer. If I plug it all the way in im only hearing the right channel. If I don't plug it all the way in i have sound in both my speakers but its the right channel on right and left speaker, and it sounds bit crunchy too. I've tried using different speakers and headphones but it's still the same. That rules out my speakers being damaged. I've also checked the audio balance and it's fine. I've tried using the windows 7 audio drivers rather than the Realtek HD i've been using but no progress there either. I've tried most of the "solutions" i found on google, but nothing worked so I'm kinda stumped. Do you guys got any ideas?

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
It sounds like the connector has either become damaged from the cable getting knocked around or a solder joint on it has broken away perhaps. What you describe from manipulating the connector is basically saying there is no left channel coming from the connector because as you say, it's doing it on every device you've tried to plug in.

That means it either IS Windows somehow, or something on the board/card has been damaged. Ideally if you can use another output - like the front panel headers instead of the rear panel, that will show that at least windows/the chips are working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS