Authentication Problems with WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleelaine

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
I recently purchased a phone it connected to my home wifi fine, it worked great. Then all of the sudden last night it just stopped working. Everytime i type in my password and try to connect it says "Authentication Problem". I have tried many things to fix this including rebooting my wifi. restarting my phone. putting my phone on air plane mode. and clearing all data in my google services. noting has worked. PLEASE HELP

Bob_FL

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
The same thing happened to me just yesterday. Try changing the keyboard or theme of keyboard on your phone. For some reason the wifi may not be recognizing the passcode your typing and thinks its wrong. Thus the failure code. It worked for me.

Bob_FL

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Try changing your phone's keyboard or keyboard theme. Sometimes the characters being typed appear to be correct, but somehow the wifi sees it as a typo, thus the error.

Poli__

Prominent
Feb 18, 2017
This exact problem happened to me as well on my nexus 5. First I left it because the wifi was working on my mum's phone so I left overnight because I thought it would work the next day, but it didn't. I checked if the Internet worked on my PS4 and it didn't so I immediately thought it was my wifi so I reseted the box and afterwards it worked.

Annu__

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
hello,

I changed the password of my account(user account in wifi) in my laptop without logging out of the mobile wifi. now I am unable to connect to the wifi in mobile. It is showing authentication problem.
please help

vrowmuria

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

This is a very stupid answer. Do you think users are fool that apply wrong password and then report the issue? THE ISSUE REMAINS EVEN IF USER ENTERS THE RIGHT PASSWORD, DID YOU HEAR IT... THE RIGHT PASSWORD.

jonathan.payne.78

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
I too am experiencing the same issue on multiple networks. The solution that I've found is switching my phone over to airplane mode, and then switching the wi-fi back on. However, this doesn't fix the problem, it just connects the phone to the wifi for the time being. If I turn airplane mode back off I get the same Authentication Error. This is happening on my home network, and on my work network. I am 100% certain that both network passwords are stored correctly, as I never have to type in a password to connect (because they are stored).

Could this be an issue with the Android version? I'm running 7.0, which for the Galaxy S6 Active is the most current version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

motherlygoose

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Hi Jonathan, I have the same question as you, could this be Android version. Nothing has changed at home with our w ifi. My cell phone has never had this issue nor have I messed with the password, question, do you have the Wi-Fi symbol with the letter i next to it. It's not an exclamation it's an "i" next to the w ifi symbol.

ang.zenitram

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
I have been dealing with this as well for the past few weeks. I even tried using a static IP address but the authentication error would still occur.

I stumbled across this solution and applied it early this afternoon and it has been 6 hours without the problem.

Go into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Find the option to have WiFi on during sleep. Change this to never. (Mine was set to always) Now restart your phone. Go back into settings - WiFi and choose advanced. Change WiFi to be on always during sleep.

That was it. Let me know if it also solves your problem.

alanthebassman

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Hi
I have exactly the same problem with a Galaxy S6 edge. It was fine until a recent system update (Android 7.0) and now I have to re-enter the WiFi password every time I switch it on again. Who needs to be told?...

ritam216

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017

This also worked for me!! Thanks ang.zenitram!!

(Its only been about an hour but so far so good. It had been happening every 2 mins.)

motherlygoose

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

motherlygoose

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Your the BOMB ang.zenitram. your solution on the "Authentication Problem Occured" is the answer to this issue!!!. Cell has lasted a whole day with no issues. Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.