Solved! Auto-Paste into Excell? How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2020
Hey guys! :D
So I need help which should involve at least a word processor program and a lot of copy pasting.
Namely, I have to analyze and manually copy/paste a huge volume of data, from ms word to excell for further analysis. The source text is almost 900 pages long and the words that are to be copy/pasted make up app. 40% of the total word count (323k words!). Now my question is: is there a program or an extension or whatnot that could automatically paste the contents of my clipboard right into an excell spreadsheet? Like, I have two windows running on my screen, am going through the source text reading and manually selecting and copying the words I need to have copied into the excell but another program pastes the text into a new cell in excell every time? (preferably without me having to bring the window to the front). I know it sounds like I am too lazy to do it, but with around 130k words and therefore repetitions of this task I think I can save a significant amount of time. Can anyone help? o_O

Solution
I suspect it would be restricted by the limit of one cell in an Excel spreadsheet and the free alternative, LibreCalc

Try a few Control C from the source and Control V in the spreadsheet A1 cell and experiment with larger lines or paragraph to find out when it tells you filled up that cell..
I suspect it would be restricted by the limit of one cell in an Excel spreadsheet and the free alternative, LibreCalc

Try a few Control C from the source and Control V in the spreadsheet A1 cell and experiment with larger lines or paragraph to find out when it tells you filled up that cell..

Solution
Sep 3, 2020
The best work around I can think of, of the top of my head would be:

1. Save the Word document as a text file.
  2. Import the text file manually into Excel; you may have some scope to muck about with how the text is imported to minimise the work you need to do after.
  3. In Excel, delete the unnecessary data and restructure the rest as required.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.