Auto Reverse Not Working

Thirantha

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
This is a National Rx-cs750 Model Cassette Player. It is working fine. But Auto reverse function is not working properly. When I change the direction of the tape, tape head moves down little and stop. Then I pushed the head down with my finger and rotate the head. Then it works. But every time when i change the direction of the tape, same problem occurs; Player will get stuck. How to solve it? Please help.

Solution
My older brother had one of these 20+ years ago, the main belt goes slack with age (slippage causes loss of torque when auxillery components mechanically engage/activate), if you change it that should solve the problem, the main belt is not difficult to change (goes around the pinch roller flywheel and drive motor), you may have to remove the flywheel retainer to change the main belt though (normally held in place with 2 or 3 screws).

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
You need 2 New Pinch Rollers and three new driving bands. The Bands which drive the shuttle behind the cassette have gotten loose.... and the pinch is missing the magnetic tape in the middle.
Shouldn't cost you more than a 100RS

hairystuff

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
My older brother had one of these 20+ years ago, the main belt goes slack with age (slippage causes loss of torque when auxillery components mechanically engage/activate), if you change it that should solve the problem, the main belt is not difficult to change (goes around the pinch roller flywheel and drive motor), you may have to remove the flywheel retainer to change the main belt though (normally held in place with 2 or 3 screws).

Solution