available pause button

sneha9121

Estimable
May 22, 2015
Hello,
Could u suggest me some cameras on which pause button is available or can be pause the video?....because i want to buy camera with this facility.

Solution
I do not know of any off hand, but you are better off stopping the recording rather than pausing. Pausing may not finalize the file, so if something happens to the memory card or the batter dies or something, your whole video may be lost! Just stop recording when you want to take a break and hit record again if you want to continue. Then take your video files into software and turn it into a video.

If you really need the pause feature for recording, I know a Samsung Galaxy S3 does it. If you are not doing pro work, maybe a cellphone is the answer for you.

If I were to take a guess, consumer camcorders would probably pause recordings.

If you are talking about pausing playback when reviewing files, I would be hard pressed to find a...

Heinrich17

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I do not know of any off hand, but you are better off stopping the recording rather than pausing. Pausing may not finalize the file, so if something happens to the memory card or the batter dies or something, your whole video may be lost! Just stop recording when you want to take a break and hit record again if you want to continue. Then take your video files into software and turn it into a video.

If you really need the pause feature for recording, I know a Samsung Galaxy S3 does it. If you are not doing pro work, maybe a cellphone is the answer for you.

If I were to take a guess, consumer camcorders would probably pause recordings.

If you are talking about pausing playback when reviewing files, I would be hard pressed to find a camera that does not do this. Every camera I've used has this feature, but not always with a dedicated button.

Solution
Do you have a budget range? What is the most you are willing to spend? I do agree that stopping is better than pausing and it reduces the risk of losing the video. Most camcorders do have a pause button that appears on screen while recording but not sure that many have a dedicated pause button.