avast cant scan onedrive

froller2

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
so whenever i do a full system scan with avast, i get an"some elements could not be scanned"
and all of theese elements are onedrive folders and such

Solution
What version of Windows are you running? Are the files in question stored locally or only on the OneDrive server? If you're on Win 8.1, know that the 8.1 version of OneDrive uses small placeholder files for items that aren't stored locally so that everything appears in the Windows OneDrive folder even if it's not stored on the local PC. Avast might not understand those placeholders and report them as errors.

SchizTech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
What version of Windows are you running? Are the files in question stored locally or only on the OneDrive server? If you're on Win 8.1, know that the 8.1 version of OneDrive uses small placeholder files for items that aren't stored locally so that everything appears in the Windows OneDrive folder even if it's not stored on the local PC. Avast might not understand those placeholders and report them as errors.

Solution

froller2

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

i got win 8.1 ive diactivated one drive as i dont use it.
wgh.png

froller2

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
yea, i got the error thingy as you see in the picture when it was active while using my microsoft account with win 8,1 but simply loging out from the microsft account and into the one i made while installing windows, and removed the onedrive folder worked.