Avast! free av,comodo firewall and win xp sp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Hello,
I am using windows firewall now,but just hear about third party firewalls like comodo firewall.It sounds good after knowing benefits of it from forum.Now I am using Windows Firewall(win xp pro sp3),Avast!Free Antivirus.Here I have some questions:

Does it work without problems with my avast!?

Is it supported by windows xp service pack 3?(this question seems like kidding but it is not so,According to its website
it requires win 7/vista/sp 2...but can't find 'sp 2 or equivalent')link here:

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/free-download.html

May I need to disable Windows firewall to use comodo firewall?

Solution
SP2 is the minimal requirement. It will work fine with SP3. It should also cause no problems with your antivirus. You can only use one firewall at once. I wouldn't be surprised if the installation of comodo automatically disables the windows firewall.

They have free trials, so why not just try it and see if you like it? If you don't like it, simply uninstall it and enable your windows firewall.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
SP2 is the minimal requirement. It will work fine with SP3. It should also cause no problems with your antivirus. You can only use one firewall at once. I wouldn't be surprised if the installation of comodo automatically disables the windows firewall.

They have free trials, so why not just try it and see if you like it? If you don't like it, simply uninstall it and enable your windows firewall.

Solution

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

thank you so much for your important reply,You have also broken my wrong concept on comodo,I thought that comodo is a freeware,but I was wrong and now I am going to try the trial.

abar92

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

ohh,I get it.I have just downloaded the free version and using it.By the way thanx for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS