AVAST Free average protection ?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hey Guys .

I need to choose between Qihoo 360 IS and Avast Free . i need a good free security solution that is much better than MSE .

Some Sites Like PCMag say that Avast Free 2015's security is just average . it didnt pass the VB100 Test . AV comparatives scored Qihoo 360 Much higher than Avast .

Lots of sites suggest Qihoo over Avast . qihoo is new and hard to trust and not everyone knows about . avast is so popular but i dont need it if its just another MSE with little more features .

1.which one is more powerful : Avast + Hardened aggressive OR Qihoo 360 IS + Bitdefender Engine ?

2.IS Free security good enough or they are all as same as MSE ?

3.Free AVs offer no FireWall . ( comodo does but whatever ) . is Windows 8.1 Firewall good enough ( for online shopping and ... ) ?

4.Do i need Qihoo's Bitdefender engine Enabled ?

5.Why Qihoo TS is much liter than IS ?

Please dont suggest Combined protection or other AV softwares . i searched alot wanna grab either Qihoo or Avast as free protection and Bitdefender as Paid one :)

Solution
375591-the-best-free-antivirus-2014-11-lab-results-chart.jpg

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
wow is this from PCMag ? avast is a crap according to this . and what does cleaning mean ? cleaning of Detected stuff ? that means qihoo cant clean what ever it detects ?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
By the way . is AVG Free better than Avast free ? and is that true that AVG Free updates and protection is not as good as paid on but avast's is ? Please help me choose

NightAntilli

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Cleaning refers to when you're already infected. I think the blank space means that it doesn't have a separate cleaning utility. But with such a high score for protection I don't think it's an issue. The protection removes the threat before infection occurs.

AVG and Avast are quite similar... Is there any reason you're skipping bitdefender?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
you mean Bitdefender Free ? i feel its not as same as the paid one . and it has no feature and stuff . i love its paid version but i cant pay for it due the crysis in my country Online payment is impossible :( .

So is Qihoo 360 good enough for awhile ? ill soon move to US and then i can pay for bitdefender

NightAntilli

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
Yeah the free version doesn't have many features but it's still the best one in terms of detection and protection. Qihoo is better than pretty much everything else, including Avast, AVG and so on.