Avast! Free PC Antivirus Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinCook

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
The avast antivirus is ok but now more than that...
i installed it on my computer and i use to scan my directories every weak, the scan shows nothing but still i sometimes get notification which say i have viruses on my computer.

shipdog7

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
I tried Avast for quite sometime. But got tired of the nagging popups asking to upgrade. I uninstalled and went with Panda Free Antivirus 15.10. So far so good. An occasional popup to let me know an upgrade is available. But does its job silently in the background. I see two files in quarantine.

MacOldenly

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
I tried avast, and it causes blue screens when I run virtual machines, which is every few minutes. So, I end up having to restart my computer every time I start a virtual machine.
All stops are at aswVmm.sys+1450a with bug check code 0x00000667. sfc reports no system integrity problems, and uninstalling avast fixed the problem. Reinstalling Avast created the problem again. In the end, I had to leave it uninstalled.

Mar 23, 2018
This wanted a credit card immediately for an extra feature was not interested in. Then the uninstall was terrible and even with their utility had to go into the registry and manually remove more. There are a couple others much better with no aggressive directions.

Sep 25, 2018
I tried checking out their cleaning module. It said 7 day free trial and manual subscription after that. It deducted £39.99 from my account straight away without giving me an invoice no or license. They say they have no record of it even though I gave them an authorization code showing the transfer from my bank and a screenshot of my bank account. Next step is going to trading standards. Such a big scam!
Just worried now that I use their password storing module and they now have all my passwords and bank card details listed in there!!!

rgd1101

Don't

credit card? could be just a credit pre-auth
https://www.merchant-accounts.ca/understanding-credit-card-pre-authorizations.php.

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Have you contacted Avast official support? I'm going to send you a direct message so we can get this straightened out for you.

Sep 25, 2018

Thanks for getting in touch. I finally got a reply - I'd sent 2 mails over the week, after the original one, and had no reply. Then today I got a reply saying I'll have the money sent back to me :)

Sep 25, 2018

Hi Thanks for the reply. No it wasn't a pre-auth as money has left my account. Though they've emailed me today saying they will refund the money. I was getting nervous as after logging the issue they stop responding to my emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.