Solved! Aver aspire 5332 black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

theyikes

Prominent
Aug 21, 2018
HI! I've got an Acer Aspire 5332 which was working perfectly until just now.

I turned it on but the screen stayed black. There were no bios tones. I've tried removing the battery and ac adapter and even the ram and holding the power button for 30 seconds but I'm getting absolutely nothing.

I've tried hooking it up to an external monitor but that failed too.

I'm freaking out now. Can anyone help me?

Solution
Hi@theyikes
I had that happen with an old HP mini and it was a faulty SODIMM memory stick, try to clean the contacts (with a pencil eraser rubber) of your DDR memory module, if you have two modules/slots, take out both and replace them firmly (wiggle the modules to make sure they make good contact inside the slot(s)). If that does not work get a new DDR module (same type you have now) and see if that will fix it. Second, check your cables/wires inside and connections to mbo and HDD.
Frank
Jul 19, 2020
Hi@theyikes
I had that happen with an old HP mini and it was a faulty SODIMM memory stick, try to clean the contacts (with a pencil eraser rubber) of your DDR memory module, if you have two modules/slots, take out both and replace them firmly (wiggle the modules to make sure they make good contact inside the slot(s)). If that does not work get a new DDR module (same type you have now) and see if that will fix it. Second, check your cables/wires inside and connections to mbo and HDD.
Frank

Solution

theyikes

Prominent
Aug 21, 2018
Hi A.Frank. Thanks for getting back to me. I've tried the laptop without any memory installed. When I turn it on I get nothing not even A bios tone which you'd expect from it.

Jul 19, 2020
Hi @theyikes ,
Not with my HP mini; no memory no lights (nothing) but I have not tried that with my Aspire5 a515-54G.
If I were you I would clean/check all the contacts first and if no luck try a new DDR stick.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.