Solved! Back speakers bluetooth while keeping wired for rest of my 7.2 surround sound system?

mousel

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Hello,

I've got the Denon - 1155W 7.2-Ch. 4K Ultra HD and 3D Pass-Through A/V Home Theater Receiver (AVR-S720W) and just moved into a new house. It's not an option to run wires to my back speakers.

Is it possible to make my back speakers bluetooth while keeping the rest of my speakers wired? If so, what do I need to do? Ideally, I'd like to wall mount them.

Here's additional information on the system (not sure if this can be used to accomplish my objective):

Multi-Room Listening
You can configure the AVR-S720W for a 7 channel home theater surround system or you can choose to have a 5 channel surround system in the main room with 2 of the amplifier channels dedicated to drive separate stereo speakers in another room. Enjoy a surround sound movie in the home theater room while others can enjoy stereo sound from a different source in a second room at the same time.

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrs720w

Thank you!

mousel

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
Thanks for your answer. The power cable would be fine. I just can't have wires through the walkways in my living room. Hmmm, hopefully there is some type of solution.

Bruce Hugo

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
Well, if there is no way pre-out, then you need to use a speaker to line level adapter, such as the Russound ADP-1.2.
Then you would need two transmitters and two receivers, you could get 4 Mpow transmitter/receivers, but probably something not battery powered would be preferable, of course. Lastly, the receiver would probably need an amp included, or you could just buy two small 'outboard' amps, to bring it back to speaker level.

Might cost...
Russound 2X$40
Rca to 3.5mm 2X$10
Mpow 4X$30
Small amps 2X$50

=$320

Doing it well is probably more then $400. But it can be done.

However, speaker wire and tape, maybe $40.

Best of luck.