Barnes & Noble Nook Software Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]i love you spammerstoms, how about adding a captcha after commenting?[/citation]
I like the idea of a captcha for any new users, say those with less than 10 posts and under 1 month old.

Barnes & Noble released a new software update for the company’s almost forgotten Nook eReader.
How exactly is the Nook 'almost forgotten'? Its probably second only to the Kindle in sales / market share. Unless the article means that the Kindle is so hugely dominant as to make us forget the #2. If so, its a sad day when Amazon is the only game on the block as their tyrannical ways are not something that I want to support or be a part of.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I actually really like the Nook and feel that it's a great e-reader. I like it better than the kindle for the fact that it can check out library books - a plus for me.

I don't see how the color nook takes away the e-ink screened e-readers. When color e-ink emerges and is affordable, I can agree, but until then, I think they are going to stick around - better on the eyes for you know...reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.