Barrett Dungy, Urban Home Entertainment- laptop Issue

barrettdungy

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Hi all,

I am facing a new problem with my laptop. Every time when I start it, it works fine for around 1 hour and then suddenly it shuts down. It is happening again and again. I dont know why it is happening.

Please if anyone knows why it is happening then please guide me.

Thanks,
Barrett Dungy

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter of the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect the AC adapter directly and see if it will stay on for more than an hour.
- If it will still shutdown by itself, do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If using a different AC adapter will result to the same problem that could mean that the problem is inside the laptop.
- Try to open the laptop and remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU an GPU.
- But if the laptop will stay on with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the problem is with the battery.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter of the laptop.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect the AC adapter directly and see if it will stay on for more than an hour.
- If it will still shutdown by itself, do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If using a different AC adapter will result to the same problem that could mean that the problem is inside the laptop.
- Try to open the laptop and remove the dust off the fans and apply new thermal paste on the CPU an GPU.
- But if the laptop will stay on with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the problem is with the battery.

Solution

barrettdungy

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Thank you .. I tried these steps and now my laptop is working fine :)