Battery and charger voltages

robis1221

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Im looking to replace my battery on my TS11HR packard bell laptop. My charger outputs 19v, but all the batteries i find have a voltage of 10.8v-11.1v. As i dont have the laptop on me, im wondering if this would cause me any problems if id charge it or is it just normal and i should buy the battery?

Solution
That's normal, battery voltage is lower than the charger voltage. My Toshiba charger is marked 19v, but the battery is only 10.8v. Both are original OEM units.

Reason the charger voltage is higher is because it has to power the laptop and charge the battery at the same time.

If replacing the battery, you need to read the specs on the existing battery, not the charger.
That's normal, battery voltage is lower than the charger voltage. My Toshiba charger is marked 19v, but the battery is only 10.8v. Both are original OEM units.

Reason the charger voltage is higher is because it has to power the laptop and charge the battery at the same time.

If replacing the battery, you need to read the specs on the existing battery, not the charger.

Solution