Battery displays 0%, charging

techdeck12

Estimable
Jan 29, 2015
Hello, around a month so replaced my old 6 cell battery for a 9 cell battery from eBay for my HP DV6z laptop.

For a month, the battery functioned normally and Windows (7 home premium) displayed the correct percentage, but now it displays as 0%, charging.

While unplugged, the laptop won't turn on, but starts up fine when plugged. When on, the laptop remains on when unplugged, although I haven't tested for how long. I have tried reinstalling the ACPI compliant driver, and I'm currently looking through calibration options. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Please help.

Additional details: the laptop is almost 3 years old, and the battery number matches the original stock battery.

Solution
The battery is shot. Theres no way around it. I've had 2 HPs (and 1 Compaq) whos batteries died. Like the power indicator for both HPs glow orange indication its charging, could leave it overnight, try it in the morning and nothing. It happens. If you're not really needing it on battery a lot can always reuse it as a HTPC and use it to watch movies and stuff on your TV. Otherwise, boat anchor.

Warukyure

Estimable
The battery is shot. Theres no way around it. I've had 2 HPs (and 1 Compaq) whos batteries died. Like the power indicator for both HPs glow orange indication its charging, could leave it overnight, try it in the morning and nothing. It happens. If you're not really needing it on battery a lot can always reuse it as a HTPC and use it to watch movies and stuff on your TV. Otherwise, boat anchor.

Solution