Battery...Not Holding Up Charge!!!

Rahid Rahaman

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
Hello...
I have a HP Probook 450 G0 Notebook...for about 2 years almost...

Now...suddenly 2 or 3 days ago...the battery is not holding up its backup power...at the beginning it can hold up to 3 to 4 hours backup on heavy using...but now its giving me 1 hour on normal use... but on heavy use the back up goes from 100% to 44% in less than 15 min....

Another problem is when its power comes to 44% after a minute or two the notebook shuts down...without giving me the power less warning...& the charging time it also takes from 3% to 100% less than an hour...

so...do I need to change the battery...or both the power adapter & the battery...

PLEASE HELP...

Thanks in advance.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Judging by your post, I would say the battery has reached the end of it's life and needs replacing.
When the battery gets to that stage, the "Time remaining" or percentage charged cannot be relied upon.
In reality, the "time remaining/percentage charged" is much less than it says, that's why it dies & your laptop shuts down if it's not plugged in to a power supply.

However, is your laptop is shutting down even when it's plugged in to a mains supply?
If it is, you may need a new adapter/charger.

Phillip Corcoran

Splendid
Judging by your post, I would say the battery has reached the end of it's life and needs replacing.
When the battery gets to that stage, the "Time remaining" or percentage charged cannot be relied upon.
In reality, the "time remaining/percentage charged" is much less than it says, that's why it dies & your laptop shuts down if it's not plugged in to a power supply.

However, is your laptop is shutting down even when it's plugged in to a mains supply?
If it is, you may need a new adapter/charger.

Rahid Rahaman

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014

thanks for your solution... helped a lot... got the battery replaced...

again thanks a lot...

Rahid Rahaman
Bangladesh

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 6
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1