Beatles Guitars to Launch with Beatles Rock Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerulean

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
The standard Rock Band 2 guitar is around $80 I think at most major retailers, but these have a bit more style. I don't see many people who already have enough guitar controllers to suit their needs going out to get one, but if you're in need of an extra guitar controller I could see spending $20 more to get one of these.

jackward

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I bet they sell like hotcakes,, perfect birthday gifts that the kids will beg you get them and at that point, what choice do you have.

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
[citation][nom]Radio_Active[/nom]Getting people to pay for the same game multiple times. PURE GENIUS!![/citation]
Nah...you're paying for the music mixes at this point and the time taken to program them in.

Granted the core shell of the game doesn't change so they don't have to reprogram that every time, but you get the idea.

Its like buying a type of interactive music CD...heavily interactive...

bootleghooch

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bootleghooch[/nom]The lennon one should be left handed. Then I would buy it.[/citation]

Whoops, I guess Paul is the lefty (and Ringo it would appear).

I feel so ashamed.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
sorry about the double post but did they say BEATLES rock band as in mostly beatles songs. even on expert it will be a cake walk lets see when guitar hero SLAYER comes out or a PURE metal rock band that would be nice.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Guitar Hero Metallica was pretty damn awesome compared to this. Maybe harmonix is going to change the name of the franchise to Popstar Band instead of Rock band 3?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]squatchman[/nom]Guitar Hero Metallica was pretty damn awesome compared to this.[/citation]
I hope you're trying to make a Jab at the Beatles, by saying relative to them, a crappy band like Metallica is awesome.

[citation][nom]squatchman[/nom]Maybe harmonix is going to change the name of the franchise to Popstar Band instead of Rock band 3?[/citation]
Agreed.

Making a game for the beatles is just for the money, it's not going to bring anything new or interesting to the series.

[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]god damn i hate the Beatles they are sooooo overrated.[/citation]
Agreed. My dislike of the beatles stems from the fact that they are so hugely overrated, they're like the Halo of the music world.

G

Saying the Beatles are so overrated only proves the little knowledge you guys have of music, it may be true that they can't be compared to the dexterity of new bands nor to the standards by which we judge rock these days, but guess what? they were the ones who raised the bar over and over again in a 6 year career in which they evolved from the simplest form of two-guitar-bass-drums to the complexity of including an orchestra into their music. Even the bands you admire so much as Meatallica recognize the importance of the Beatles legacy. Its absurd to say what you have said, it's like saying that a classic film is not as good as a new one because it doesn't have CGI... just plain stupid

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Pyther[/nom]Saying the Beatles are so overrated only proves the little knowledge you guys have of music, it may be true that they can't be compared to the dexterity of new bands nor to the standards by which we judge rock these days, but guess what? they were the ones who raised the bar over and over again in a 6 year career in which they evolved from the simplest form of two-guitar-bass-drums to the complexity of including an orchestra into their music.[/citation]
Rogue had some pretty large and sweeping innovations in it's day, made it possible for newer games and genres, and I hold a hell of a lot more respect for it than the Beatles, but I still don't play it over any of it's Derivatives.

[citation][nom]Pyther[/nom]Even the bands you admire so much as Meatallica recognize the importance of the Beatles legacy.[/citation]
Do you have a comprehension issue? I mean, right above your post, I said:
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I hope you're trying to make a Jab at the Beatles, by saying relative to them, a crappy band like Metallica is awesome.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Pyther[/nom]Its absurd to say what you have said, it's like saying that a classic film is not as good as a new one because it doesn't have CGI... just plain stupid[/citation]
Maybe you misunderstood my Halo analogy. My dislike of the Beatles has little to do with their age, and how highly people seem to think of their music, like it's some sort of Godsend. While a do prefer some relatively more modern bands (like those from the 80's and 90's) I do like some music from that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.