Beats Pro sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

styreleder

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hello, I only get sound from the one earcup i plug my cable into on my Beats By Dre Pro. I've just bought them, do anyone know what i could do to fix them?

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Try a different player to make sure it's not the headphone or the plug. Return the headphone for exchange if it's defective.

Note that some mobile phones required a specific connection placement to work properly

styreleder

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
I've tried them on my macbook to, it's the same problem.. i do get from both earcups, but not at the same time. i thought it was some features or something which caused this.

as i said, i only get sound from the "one" side i plug my cable into

Thanks for every answer!

G

I did the same thing when I got mine... I didn't realise that it comes with two jack cables, you probably picked up the wrong one.

Lindazzle

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Well this just happened to me today
One of my earcups of my solos stopped working and I thought I did something but turns out I didnt.
When using it with my Mac it didnt work properly with either cable that it came with.
I tried it with my Ipod nano and it worked perfectly fine! It's just the mac or the devices fault you are using, not the Beats fault.
:)

bmorgil

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Ok there are a million of these around that say Beats by Dr. Dre. (Not quite sure where he got his Doctorate, maybe Jamaica or the Faulkins isles) Here we go. Beats is a high end company that is much better at that then all their other products. A while back 2011 or so, several (and I don't know them all) companies laid claim to say Beats by Dr. Dre and poured money on him. There are several very slight differences like silver trim rings or on/off and microphones etc. This is what is most important. You must look them over VERY carefully. Genuine Beats do not have another brand on them anywhere; on mine they look identical except no options mentioned earlier. A very close examination showed the barely visible brand MONSTER (as in Monster stereo cable fame) where the right and left combine. Monster is a company that sells oversize wire products for stereos that is also an enormous rip off. A couple of years of electronics class or a ten minute exercise on wire size requirements from a real book not a sales brochure and you will never buy oversize cables again. Back to the BEATS. Now I go to the Beats web page and choose warranty. Guess what? They ask if there are any other markings on them specifically Monster. All this means the exact same Chinese ear buds are available anywhere from $50 to $400 same exact basic phones. Wow! I got the $49 pair just to compare. I have a $400 pair and a $49 pair apart in front of me and guess what... absolutely no difference, same headphone!
So take of your rubber ear cup seals and carefully pluck the tiny screens out. Throw them away they were a bad idea. Now take the pin and cut the point off. VERY carefully while looking inside the hole the screen was in (well lit and magnified if you can) and you will see the drivers in the bottom. Blow them out and turn them over. Rap the hole down against a hard surface. Clean again and again until you are sure any loose junk is free to fall out. Tap them again and gently blow them out. Now VERY important pull and push and gently slide the rubber ear seals ALL the way down until the part where the screen was is flush with the rubber ear canal seal small end and the large end stretches over the large end. There should be no gaps and the rubber cup should be over the driver housing. They will have never sounded better. Be very careful poking around in there and don't forget to pull the seal on all the way on until you cover a portion of the large outer housing (the one that says “R” and “L” and, the screen hole will be flush with the small end of the seal all the way on. Enjoy! Every now and then clean them this way.
Hopes this helps everyone. And by the way, it would be impossible to buy the highest quality parts you could find for ear buds and have the cost of parts over $10. Nice mark up on the $400 dollar jobs.
Bob

dean1210

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
I found the solution!!!
First connect your beats and then click the bluetooth option
Then click where it says beats in bold and go to preferences
go to output then even out the volume from one side to the middle

Hope this helped!

kevboy21

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
Yeah so my beat headphones were working last night and now I only here music coming out of one ear phone what I do and use it on my iPad same thing happened

powersjlo

Estimable
Dec 25, 2014
I know this post is rather dated, but the issue you described is what I was experiencing. The solution for me was to disconnect the cable and then make sure the end of the cable with the beats logo is plugged into the device itself and the other end into the headphone. This would mean that the controls for the headphone would be closer to the headphones. I simply had the headphone cable connected incorrectly. It was a 50 / 50 shot ;-)

Happy Holidays!

Stargirl123543

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Hi
I had the same problem with my sister's headphones. I finally figured out that the only problem was that the cable wasn't pushed in far enough. I hope this helps

LambChopLiam

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
I have the same problem with my Solo HD's However the sound does not come from the side with the headphone jack.
Sometimes when I jiggle the earcup ill get a brief second of sound but most of the time it never happens Please help me

Crossover13

Estimable
Dec 30, 2014
Ok so i tried all the methods above and they didn't work. I got so frustrated that i squeezed my beats against my ears really tightly and then let go, and i got sound from both ears. Hope it helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.