Best cheap Headphone Amp?

RenegadeNC

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
So I just bought me a pair of AKG K7XX headphones and the biggest issue I have with them with music and some games is that they're very quiet. I don't have much money left after buying the headphones, a new graphics card, and a new mic so I really need an option under $50. If anybody has any suggestions on a cheap amp that'll wake these cans up then please leave a comment. I've found around 5 options so far but I wanna hear from people that are familiar with amps and see what's really recommended. Thanks.

Solution
something like the schiit magni for $100 would be ideal for those. more than enough power output, clean signal and a good value at the price.

on the cheap? you could try a jds cmoy or another cheap tube amplifier like a bravo v2. i've heard they will work but i cant promise anything as i havent used them. a fiio a3 might also work but again, for akg stuff normally i'd recommend the magni as they (akg cans) can be a ah heck to power depending on model.
something like the schiit magni for $100 would be ideal for those. more than enough power output, clean signal and a good value at the price.

on the cheap? you could try a jds cmoy or another cheap tube amplifier like a bravo v2. i've heard they will work but i cant promise anything as i havent used them. a fiio a3 might also work but again, for akg stuff normally i'd recommend the magni as they (akg cans) can be a ah heck to power depending on model.

Solution