best combination of antivirus and firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0t3k

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
I just recentley reinstalled windows after someone gained access to my bank accounts. i changed all my passwords, IP, Etc. I kinda blame this happening on myself because before all this took place i threw caution to the wind and decided to go full commando when browsing the web no firewall, antivirus,etc. This time around though i would like to get the proper security needed to keep myself and my personal information safe. My question is what are the best programs whether they be paid or free? What do i need to get myself completly up and running with full protection? I understand asking this question is like asking someone "Playstation 4 or xbox one" or "galaxy or Iphone" it will boil down to personal preference. However it has been so long since i used any kind of AV or internet security i dont know where to even begin. So please advice is appreciated. again i am willing to pay for the best if needed but if i can get the same results with free i would rather go that route. also i want to have everything a good firewall, AV, the whole nine. Also i am heavy into gaming so i want something that is not gonna weigh down my performance by it running in the background.

Thanks

l0t3k

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
yes i have a Belkin router not sure of the make and model but i believe it does have a firewall function. I have seen avast and know it has been around for quite some time same with avg a new one i was reading about is avira. like i said earlier though getting any kinda straight answer on the subject is a mixed bag. I will head over to avast's site and check them out.

l0t3k

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
cool i will download avast i noticed there paid version come with a feature called "SafeZone - for secured payments & banking" do you know if there are any free pieces of software that do something similar to the feature? i do alot of bank and shopping online.

Rayven2

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Depends if you want free ones or purchased ones, if you'll go for free application then use AVG 2014 along side Ad-Aware of Malwarebyte while using the firewall you're OS provides.

If you want purchased ones you can upgrade the AVG to a full version along side Malwarebyte or buy Comodo Internet Security Pro 7 which comes with Antivirus, Malware protection and a firewall. It goes for around $30-40 I believe.

Remember to select a solution.

merecookie

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
My COmbo is Malwarebytes, MSE, and SmadAV. MAlwarebytes for rootkits and PUPs also for safe browsing. MSE for archives scanning and auto-running viruses. MSE works effectively when my SmadAV scans cause together they work and do not conflict. I already cleaned a lot of pc using this combo because SmadAV kills virus process and deletes other viruses like .ink .vbs and lot more, and it scans fast (helpful when I'm in a hurry). I have also solved issues like viruses in removable drives when inserted in the infected pc even the drive is clean. I just shared it to you guys . Thank you :) Godbless and Let's work for it!

Sc0urgeTR

Estimable
Nov 11, 2014
I use avast for Anti Virus and let Windows handle the Firewall. I've used Firewalls
from other companies but had to many issues with false positives and SPAM.
Even Avast is annoying sometimes with it's push service of adverts. But it's
not to bad.

If you know how to configure a firewall then Windows in built firewall generally is
enough.

As for secure transactions, all transactions made should be done using SOCKS.
There's really no reason to buy additional support for transactions as a home user.
As most services that provide transactions from banks, paypal, et cetera are using
Secure Socket Layer, let alone network encryption.

I'd only really advise this being necessary if you run a SME; definitely if you're
running an enterprise.

Jimbojet2015

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
There are several good internet security suites out there.
But if you go for free and good I believe this is the solution:
Private firewall and Qihoo 360 total security

Enjoy a safe internet live :p

Status
Not open for further replies.