Best desktop replacements for business.

berlion

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
I need a fast desktop replacement notebook computer to use in my home office. My preferences would be a Windows 8 machine with a i5 or i7 fourth generation processor. A good backlighted keyboard with numeric keypad. At least a 1600X900 or better screen. Even if it is not going to get out of the office I would like it to be solid and quality build. Which are the best makes? There are so many makes today. I looked around a little. I didn't like HP's keyboards. Thickness and weight is not important I think of Lenovo, Dell's new 7000 series, Sony Vaio or Toshiba with 17" display. What do you thing? Thanks.

Solution
Check out asus's builds they are nice, high quality, often sport backlit keyboards and the parts are much cheaper to fix them then sony's if something does happen to go wrong. Think i payed 70 bucks for a keyboard last time i replaced one on a vaio normally a 25-30 dollar part.

jumpingeebus

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Check out asus's builds they are nice, high quality, often sport backlit keyboards and the parts are much cheaper to fix them then sony's if something does happen to go wrong. Think i payed 70 bucks for a keyboard last time i replaced one on a vaio normally a 25-30 dollar part.

Solution

berlion

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for the tips. I'll check the Asus makes. So I did well not having bought the Sony FIT-E which was on sale at 150$. less. I was tempted very much. Actually I am using a Dell Studio 1735. Five years old. A T-5800 CPU and 3gig. of memory. It is a good computer with backlit keyboard, slot DVD, biometric scanner and capacity to hold two hard drives in it. It was getting too slow but after I replaced the HDD with an SSD and installed Windows 8 PRO. it came back to life. I installed the original drive as a backup drive. It is still too old for today's technology. Therefore I would like to buy a new one. As I will probably keep it for another five years I don't want to make a mistake.
Thanks again.

berlion

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I finally made my decision and bought the new Dell Inspiron series 7000 7537. Here are the specs:
15 inches 1920x1080 touch display
I7-4500U CPU
1TB HD 16GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GT graphics card with 2 GB od RAM
It also has a backlighte d keyboard with numeric keypad.
I found the user manual is very well done , clearly explaining how to disassembly and service all the internal parts.
I am very satisfied with it and hope I will keep it for the next ..... years.