Best DSLR Cameras 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
The D3300 has way better picture quality than the Canon T5i. The image quality difference is night and day.

However the T5i has more options and settings to fiddle around with, the D3300 takes better pictures by far. Even better than the 70D.

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
If this article gets a "version 2.0" down the road, you may want to have 2 suggestions at each user level... with these DSLRs, users will be collecting lenses as they move from 'beginner' to 'intermediate', etc. If you suggest they buy a Nikon f-mount (D3300) as a beginner and then a Canon EF-S lens mount (T5i) you are ignoring a growing investment in lenses... Just something to keep in mind.

Colin Lee

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

Very true...

pvjieshua

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
good,the T5i has more options and settings to fiddle around with, the D3300 takes better pictures by far. Even better than the 70D.
92Eyn4

Jan 3, 2015
It is not about the cameras, it is all about the lenses.
Tread carefully on your first camera as it is a commitment to the lenses camp.
The camera bodies will go as every couple of years the technology moves on but the lenses will stay and you will accumulate more lenses over the years.

Cindy Kern

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Agree with Ratchkovski; Photographic imagining has always been about the quality of the optics; build your system around the very best lenses you can afford.

yespinal

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
Any suggestions for catching a toddler at play? I am looking for a camera that's has great quality pictures and is fast enough to catch my toddler since she only has a 2 second attention span.

Mitchell Robinson

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

What you want here isn't any particular camera. As long has they have manual control what you want to look for is a camera with a high shutter speed. 1/800 or more

Anywho, If it has to be a DSLR look for a lens with a zoom as this will help the most capturing no matter how far away you are from your little one(s). Some SLR's also have a higher fps when it come to stills also so maybe keep that in mind too if you want to be taking photos in burst.

Hope this helped,

- Mitch

Ibrahim Beno

Estimable
May 30, 2015
Very nice article, and as you said <it's hard to decide what is the best DSLR> especial if you are beginner to dslr photography, so i like the Nikon D3200 because it's cheap and made for absolute beginners as me, but i was confused with Nikon D5200, but in the end i buy Nikon D3200, this article help me a lot in making my decision http://goo.gl/3oOS7D

Multier

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
I personally think that Canon 760D / Rebel t6s is the best in beginner series :love: ( but it is a bit costly but worth the money ). For those who can't afford a camera like that , A 750D / t6i ( Lacks the top LCD screen in 760D ) or 700D / t5i ( Lacks some features of its successors ) can do :wahoo: . In professional DSLRs Canon 5D Mark III or 5DR and 5DS is best I think :ange::):ange:. I Don't get it why Nikon has top places in 3 categories :no::??::no::??::no: . Canon also has the BEST lens against Nikon I think .:ange: . The makers of this website must NOT be partial to Nikon . They should respect other makers too !!! I have used Nikon and Canon and I say , Canon IS Best!!!

SUSIECK

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Hello, great article thanks. Would you be able to recommend the lightest possible weight but high quality dslr? I have a disability and carrying weight is a big problem but have just begun a 4 yr course during which am required to use a dslr every day.. At end if course I should be able to use dslr like a professional so need a high quality camera. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.