Best Gaming Headset for Under $100?

EarnSomeRespect

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Hey guys. Just thought I'd pop in here for a quick question.

I've been looking around and I really want to get a new and improved headset.

The brands I've been looking at are SteelSeries, Corsair, and Razer. I'd thought I'd come here for help as well.

I play games like CS:GO which require nice surround for hearing enemy positions.

So guys, what in your opinion, is the best brand or specific headset under $100 for what I am doing?

Solution
My advice would be to not buy a "gaming headset" as there's not such thing, they're just normal headphones with mics attached, and generally not very good ones (mic or heaphones). The best thing I can reccomend is buy a good microphone, the Zalman ZM1 is about 10 Euros/7GBP/15 Dollars and it is a fantastic clip on microphone (seriously go and listen to some people using it on youtube, it sounds like a really high end microphone - it's crystal clear) and a good pair of monitor headphones. I bought a pair by "Superlux", they're a Taiwanese company I think, but these headphones cost about 30GBP and they're probably one of the best pairs of headphones I've ever used. Obviously if your budget is $100 you can buy more expensive mic/headphones...

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Beartai

Estimable
Oct 15, 2014
My advice would be to not buy a "gaming headset" as there's not such thing, they're just normal headphones with mics attached, and generally not very good ones (mic or heaphones). The best thing I can reccomend is buy a good microphone, the Zalman ZM1 is about 10 Euros/7GBP/15 Dollars and it is a fantastic clip on microphone (seriously go and listen to some people using it on youtube, it sounds like a really high end microphone - it's crystal clear) and a good pair of monitor headphones. I bought a pair by "Superlux", they're a Taiwanese company I think, but these headphones cost about 30GBP and they're probably one of the best pairs of headphones I've ever used. Obviously if your budget is $100 you can buy more expensive mic/headphones but it's never really a good idea to buy a combo of both or a "gaming" headset as they are generally poor build quality and have either a bad mic or bad sound qualtiy and are usually more expensive because they carry the "gaming" tag on them. I hear Corsair good gaming headsets with good mic and headphone quality but they can be quite expensive if you want a good pair (probably upwards of $150).

I hope I helped:)

Solution