Best Gaming Headset/Headphones for $50-$80 AUD

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask you guys what you think I should buy. I want to get a new headset since my Plantronics Gamecom 780 have snapped (tapped it together), right earcup has a broken piece that's rattling, etc. I'm looking for a VERY comfortable pair of good quality headphones. Now things to take into consideration, I don't need a microphone so it doesn't need to be a "gaming headset", I need lots of comfort for long sessions, and I need good bass because I listen to a lot of music. My budget is around $50-80 AUD, and I would like to buy something either at mwave.com.au, www.msy.com.au/nsw/ultimo, JB-hiFi, EbGames, DickSmith, etc.

NOTE: I have found some headsets that I find interesting. They are the Logitech G230 and the CM CERES 500. Please tell me if these are any good, or if they meet the things I'm looking for listed above.

Current Options list:
- Logitech G230 ($50 - MSY)
- CM Ceres 500 ($50 - MSY)
- Sades A60 Spellond ($75 Ebay)

Solution
Personally i have the Logitech G230 and Dr.dre studio editions, and for overall comfort and long time use the Logitech G230's win hands down, they are easily the nicest pair i have had for that price, the only one i like more are my seinheisers but they cost a arm and a leg.

SheerTheSheep

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Personally i have the Logitech G230 and Dr.dre studio editions, and for overall comfort and long time use the Logitech G230's win hands down, they are easily the nicest pair i have had for that price, the only one i like more are my seinheisers but they cost a arm and a leg.

Solution

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014

thanks, but does the G230 have good sound for music? like good bass?

SheerTheSheep

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

Well for its price yes, but i dont have a reference as to what you regard as good base, the only way i can give you example is it is about only 20% worse than the dr.dre studios.

SheerTheSheep

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

Dont you mean the Cooler Master Ceres 500, there doesnt exist a Corsair Ceres 500...

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014

yeah sorry i'll change that :)

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014

Are they very comfortable and light? $56 aud sounds good, but let me check if I can find it in a nearby store

EDIT: It's $75-80 aud on ebay. I'll pin the link on chrome and add it to the list :)

Mr_Venbeer

Estimable
May 11, 2014
I've finally decided. I will wait for MSY to restock on the Logitech G230's, which I will get for $50 AUD because that store is absolutely awesome when it comes to prices. Thanks for the responses so far, I hope to talk to you all again soon. Peace! :D