Best gaming laptop?

plexxis

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Hey fellow enthusiasts! I'm looking for a gaming laptop that can run current and future games with ease like fallout 4 or battlefield 4, and large mmo's. If the laptop can run these games on the highest settings without a crazy expensive laptop that would be great if not whats the next best thing i can get?

The budget would be about 1500-2500 dollars. but preferably about 2000$ canadian would be nice
Everything costs more if i purchase from the states i think. because of the dollar difference, so finding the laptop in CAD would be nice

Thank you so much for the advice in advance, i would rather take my time and get some expert advice on the matter

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Check this one out. Follow the link below then scroll down and change the following options on it.
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Fangbook_III_HX7-100_Gaming_Laptop
CPU- Change from i7-4710MQ to i74810MQ
Get the Intel Game Bundle below the CPU (why not. it's free!)
RAM - Change from 8GB @1600MHz to 16GB @ 1866MHz by G.SKILL
GPU (video card) - Change from the GTX 970M to the GTX 980M
Get the freebie below the GPU

And that's it. Scroll back up to the top of the page and see what the price comes to. it should be within budget for you. If it looks like there is still some room in your budget you can click on the ACCESSORIES tab and look for some extras.

This setup should run all of your mentioned games at High/Very High to Ultra settings at 1080p with solid FPS

magnusvermagnussen

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I just bought this laptop earlier this week and have been exceptionally impressed:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232199&cm_re=g751jy-_-34-232-199-_-Product

It's a real gaming beast with a gtx 980m and the cooling is exceptional. There have been complaints about the wireless card, and I have to admit that I've had connection issues with mine, but nothing deal-breaking.

It is sleek, quiet as heck, runs cool, even under load (just check out those huge vents at the back and you tell me that it's not built for cooling that beast-mother of a graphics card), and, as of today I believe, on sale from Newegg.ca for right around your C$2,000 budget.

They are available on kijiji and ebay for under-$2000, all-in and in great shape (I picked up mine for C$1,800 with a Proteus Core mouse, gaming mousepad and laptop bag included - together with receipt and in excellent condition)