Solved! Best HD Camcorder for Broadcasting?

buckhenry

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Does anyone have any strong thoughts on what HD Camcorder would be best for using as a webcam for broadcasting purposes on uStream? I want a high quality image with great sound. The easier the implementation, better! Thanks.

buckhenry

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
No particular budget, although I would like to keep it between 1k-1.5k as I want ti invest in a more elaborate two-camera system with a master system, remote panning/tilting etc. for live recording performers at my restaurant/bar. I thought if I could get a good picture streaming live through Ustream's service or something equivalent that would be nice. I would like the broadcast to be as high quality as possible given internet specs of 1 Mbps upload 15 Mbps download. Thanks Viper.

buckhenry

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I know I will have to invest pretty heavily in the main system I will use for recording the live performances. However, I will consider the cost of what is going to get the job done right. No sense having a streaming video that looks like crap.

buckhenry

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks Viper. I was looking at the Sony professional stuff so I am not surprised. I have a standard resolution Sony camera that has the remote pan/tilt etc. (consumer grade) and the remote is really quite useless as you have to be quite close. I will certainly check into all the features of the professional stuff first before laying down thousands for each camera. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays if that suits yah better!