Best Headset/ Headphones?

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015
Ok, Im looking for a VERY GOOD headset/headphones. Im not sure about "gaming" headset. Do they sound good, what d you think about Hyperx Cloud II and Siberia Elite Prism? Arre those 2 good sounding? If not which non gaming ones are Very good sounding/ proffesional sounding? I will be using them mostly for gaming (CSGO and FPS games) but also for music. Include best over and on head headphones both for headset and headphones. Thanks.

country of origin?
budget?
what kind of sound signature do you enjoy? (bassy, neutral, bass-light and detailed in treble, etc)
open or closed? (open = more soundstage closed = isolation)
what motherboard or soundcard do you have? any headphone amplifier? (if no, are you opposed to getting one?)
do you require virtual surround sound?
large head or glasses?
do you need a microphone? (if yes, what style? clip on, boom clip on, desk)

--

in general any set of hifi headphones will sound significantly better than gaming headsets with the notable exceptions being headsets based on headphone designs made by actual headphone companies. these would be the hyper x cloud, pc363d, mmx300, game zero and game one as well as the adg1. most however are overpriced (depending on country) for what you get and buying the headphone they are based on + mic + amp can sometimes be cheaper.

--

moved to /peripherals/

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015

netherlands
i mostly listen to dupstep and rap
closed
idk which sound board i have. im using macbook pro 13" and asus N7551JQ. I dont own a ampifier.
i am not sure about surround sound. does it make game experience better or worse? what are pros and cons of it?
im 14, i dont wear glassed or have a large head.
please inlcude your best pick for headset/headphones with and without a microphone.
Also you forgot to mention your opinion about Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism.

budget? thats the most important part.

i'm thinking the dt770pro may be a good fit. you might need to pair it up with a cheap headphone amplifier or external soundcard.
-bassy yet sharp treble which would fit your music genres.
-closed.
-comfortable.

virtual is supposed to make sound in games sound more 3d however it does this by distorting the audio. some people like it alot while other people prefer stereo sound since it is a bit clearer.

a good microphone would be the modmic although you could always substitute a lavalier style microphone if you're on a tight budget (though modmic would be ideal).

a fiio a3 (e11k) would work. same with the creative omni and xonar u5.

---

cant say i've heard the elite prism myself though i'd be hesitant to recommend a siberia headset. perhaps read http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/281610-dont-buy-the-siberia-elite-prism-gaming-headset-by-steelseries/ and a few other reviews which dont paint them in a positive light. while in terms of sound quality the original v2's werent bad (for headsets... they dont compare well to good headphones) they always had a build quality issue. it seems the prism is better though i'm still going to say they are going to be inferior to good headphones.

cirjakvoja

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2015

my budget is around 100 euros.